Why Essential Oil Candles?
Why should you buy an essential oil candle?
Price aside, there are many benefits to an essential oil candle.
1. 100% essential oil candles contains the same healing benefits as they do when in plant form.
2. Essential oils candles contain antimicrobial and antiviral properties to help defend the body against illness.
3. Used to alter the mood and ambiance of their environment.
Using soy wax produces a cleaner burn and is more eco-friendly since it's made from soy beans.
Why not just go to the store and buy their candles?
You can but you don't know how it is made. In today's world, there are a lot of short cuts made in end consumer products. You won't find that with our candles. In fact, you might get a candle that took us more than one try to make because it wasn't "perfect" for our customer. We take our candles serious here and want to make sure you are getting the best smelling candle we can make.
Does it really cost that much to make a candle?
LR Candles is all about transparency even when it comes to our candle prices. We strive to follow market trends without compromising our values. Our candles are not the cheapest to make because we aren't using chemical laden fragrances, we use 100% PURE essential oils. Essential oils are not cheap and unfortunately, it drives the price up BUT if you think about it, it's worth every penny for the health benefits.
Did you know the side effects of burning chemical laden candles are?
1. Most candles are made from paraffin, a petroleum byproduct. Paraffin is made by petroleum waste being chemically bleached, deodorized and made into wax.
2. When paraffin wax is burned it can release toxic volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the air including acetone, benzene and toluene, which are known carcinogens.
3. Most scented candles use synthetic fragrances and dyes that give off dangerous VOCs even at room temperature. Some common emitted VOCs related to the scent in candles include formaldehyde, petroleum distillates, limonene, alcohol and esters.
4. The harmful chemicals from the scents can cause health problems ranging from headaches, dizziness and allergy symptoms to asthma attacks, respiratory tract infections and even cancer.